Humour Me gala: $1M raised for St. Raphael’s
More than 800 people attended the Montreal edition of the Humour Me event, which was held on May 13 at the Place des Arts to benefit the St. Raphael Palliative Care Home and Day Centre.
The evening was a resounding success, with one million dollars raised to help fund the first year of operations of St. Raphael’s, which is scheduled to open later this summer. Find out more about St. Raphael’s and its palliative day centre, the first of its kind in Montreal.
A tip of the hat to our four CEO amateur comedians who were all very successful in drawing joyous laughter from the audience:
- Kathy Assayag, Executive Director, The Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal
- Marie-Ève Prévost Co-Founder and CEO, MissFresh Inc.
- Daniel Brosseau Co-Founder and Executive Officer, Letko Brosseau & Associates
- Tony Loffreda, Vice Chairman, RBC Wealth Management
Congratulations to Kathy Assayag who won this year’s title of “Funniest Amateur Comedian”.
St. Raphael’s wishes to thank all those who contributed to the organization and the success of this event, including:
- The organizers: Humour Me, Just for Laughs, and the Roasters Foundation
- The generous donors, including: Fondation Luc Maurice, National Bank, David Goodman Youth Community Trust, EBC, Roasters Foundation, Letko Brosseau, Saputo, RBC Wealth Management, and Tactico
- The many devoted volunteers