A comedy show to raise funds for St. Raphael’s
On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 8:00 pm, at Place des Arts, the Montreal production of Humour Me will be raising funds for the St. Raphael Palliative Care Home and Day Centre!
Net proceeds from the event will help fund St. Raphael’s first year of operation, which is scheduled to open later this summer. For each $200 ticket, you will receive by mail a tax receipt of $125 from the St. Raphael Palliative Care Home and Day Centre.
Some very well-known and very kind individuals from the business community will be stepping out of their comfort zone and into the spotlight for a five-minute stand-up comedy routine to vie for your laughter and the title of “Funniest Amateur Comedian” of the evening.
Four competitors will battle out their comedic skills on the stage of the Maison symphonique (Place des Arts) for your entertainment.
- Kathy Assayag, Executive Director of The Jewish Community Foundation of Montreal
- Marie-Ève Prévost Co-Founder and CEO of MissFresh Inc.
- Daniel Brosseau Co-Founder and Executive Officer of Letko Brosseau & Associates
- Tony Loffreda, Vice Chairman of RBC Wealth Management
They will be coached for the preparation of their stand-up skits by local comedians Heidi Foss, Joey Elias, and Eddie King.
During the evening, our judges will be asked to choose the funniest amateur. The jury will include:
- Lino Saputo Jr., Chairman of the Board and CEO of Saputo Inc.,
- Jamie Orchard, Senior Anchor and Assistant News Director of Global News, and
- Morning man Terry Di Monte from CHOM FM.
Sonia Benezra will be our emcee for the evening, with Howie Mandel our headliner… So you are definitely in for a good time!
Join us. Contribute to attaining our goal.