Working at St. Raphael’s offers an opportunity to achieve professional fulfilment in an environment imbued with humanity while also contributing to a worthy cause.
St. Raphael’s Palliative Care Home and Day Centre (“St. Raphael’s”) expects to open its doors in mid-2019. This establishment will have a dual vocation, offering a 12-bed palliative care home and a day centre with the capacity to receive about twenty outpatients each day.
In order to start operations and provide ongoing management, we are seeking a:
Reporting to the Executive Director of St. Raphael’s and working closely with the Board, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and deploying St. Raphael’s funding strategy. The Director, Development of Philanthropy will plan and execute donor solicitation activities and implement agreements, sponsorships and partnerships. He or she will provide logistic, administrative and budgetary oversight and coordination of solicitation activities targeting major donors, the general public and partners as well as of benefit events (events, campaigns, project financing, etc.), ensuring that such activities and events are timely, relevant and visible and that they raise sufficient funds to sustain the establishment’s operations. The incumbent will be responsible for the strategic planning, analysis and efficient execution of initiatives to foster donor engagement and retention. The Director, Development of Philanthropy will advise and actively support the Executive Director as well as the strategy and/or philanthropy committee, as the case may be.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area;
- Substantial experience and demonstrated ability to manage annual and major fundraising campaigns, targeting corporate or major individual donors, foundations or community organizations;
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Familiarity with the philanthropic community;
- Proven experience coordinating and managing multidisciplinary teams;
- Demonstrated skills in the use of work tools and systems such as Excel and Word or other technologies used by philanthropic organizations. A good command of the Donor Perfect platform would be an asset.
- Very compassionate individual with good listening skills;
- Superior organizational and analytical skills;
- Ability to prioritize effectively;
- Autonomous, conscientious and mature individual with unquestionable ethics and excellent judgment;
- A creative, far-sighted, proactive and adaptable leader;
- Ability to maintain excellent interpersonal relations in a complex, multidisciplinary environment, superior listening ability;
- Results-driven strategic thinker with solid analytical skills.
That everyone is able to have an end of life filled with humanity and dignity.
To offer exceptional palliative care and services in a warm and compassionate environment, free of charge, to people suffering from an incurable illness, so that they may live an end of life imbued with compassion, respect and humanity. To offer a beneficial break and support for loved ones and caregivers.
- Generosity – We share a profound desire to help others and give of ourselves to help improve the quality of life of all people in our community.
- Respect – Our actions, interactions and accomplishments are guided by a deep respect for others. The care and services provided to patients and their loved ones and caregivers will respect their wishes and desires.
- Well-being – We firmly believe in the enjoyment of life, wherever it is found, and we aim to create an environment conducive to countless moments of happiness, delight, and joy.
- Openness – St. Raphael’s will welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of their social condition, ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
Applicants for the position of Director, Development of Philanthropy should submit their resume by filling out the following form:
Please note that only applicants being actively considered will be contacted.
Spontaneous job application
Don’t hesitate to submit your résumé for inclusion in our bank of applicants. If an opening arises that appears to match your qualifications and experience, we will contact you.