Working at St. Raphael’s offers an opportunity to achieve professional fulfilment in an environment imbued with humanity while also contributing to a worthy cause.
Join a stimulating and creative workplace as St. Raphael’s pioneers an innovative approach to care aided by its unique positioning:
A dual vocation (to offer both palliative care and the first day centre of its kind in Montreal)
A recognized centre of excellence and palliative care training centre
In order to start operations and provide ongoing management of St. Raphael’s, we are looking to fill the following positions.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in St. Raphael’s, we will only be contacting those who are selected for an interview.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating and evaluating all of St. Raphael’s activities. He or she will also be responsible for the efficient and effective management of our human, physical, financial and information resources. The Executive Director will ensure that the services and care provided meet the highest quality standards and that staff and volunteers receive continuing education. He or she will also see that St. Raphael’s mission and values are promoted.
Since St. Raphael’s expects to open its doors in early 2019, the Executive Director’s first task will be to plan and organize the various functions required for operation of the palliative care home and day centre.
- Design and set up palliative care programs that meet the highest quality standards and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, both for patients and for staff and volunteers.
- Offer services that meet the needs of patients, and their loved ones and caregivers.
- Ensure that the required training is properly carried out and that follow-up and monitoring procedures are implemented.
- Establish practices for the management of staff and volunteers in keeping with St. Raphael’s mission.
- Promote St Raphael’s culture and values in order to ensure a work environment that is both professional and compassionate.
- Promote St. Raphael’s mission.
- Set an annual budget within the funding envelope approved by the Board of Directors and monitor it carefully.
- Implement policies and procedures for good financial management and financial reporting, in compliance with tax and regulatory requirements and having regard for the optimal use of resources.
- Collaborate in fundraising activities.
- Execute the annual plan approved by the Board of Directors.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors (as a non-voting member).
- Recommend policies to the Board of Directors to comply with laws and regulations governing St. Raphael’s.
For more information about St. Raphael’s, please visit our website at maisonstraphael.org
- Undergraduate degree in a related area (administration, non-profit agencies, community socialservices or equivalent experience)
- Participative leadership and acknowledged experience managing multidisciplinary teams
- Rigorous budget monitoring
- Energetic and able to perform under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
- Marked interest in and sensitivity to St. Raphael’s mission
- Good organizational and analytical skills
Asset: Relevant experience in palliative care and fundraising
That everyone is able to have an end of life filled with humanity and dignity.
To offer exceptional palliative care and services in a warm and compassionate environment, free of charge, to people suffering from an incurable illness, so that they may live an end of life imbued with compassion, respect and humanity. To offer a beneficial break and support for loved ones and caregivers.
- Generosity – We share a profound desire to help others and give of ourselves to help improve the quality of life of all people in our community.
- Respect – Our actions, interactions and accomplishments are guided by a deep respect for others. The care and services provided to patients and their loved ones and caregivers will respect their wishes and desires.
- Well-Being – We firmly believe in the enjoyment of Life, wherever it is found, and we aim to create an environment conducive to countless moments of happiness, delight, and joy.
- Openness – St. Raphael’s will welcome people from all walks of life, regardless of their social condition, ethnic origin or religious beliefs.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Spontaneous job application
No current vacancies? Don’t hesitate to submit your résumé for inclusion in our bank of applicants. If an opening arises that appears to match your qualifications and experience, we will contact you.